Dr. Caruth of Plano Aesthetics is the first surgeon in the nation to provide AquaShape an innovative water-assisted liposuction technique (WAL).
The AquaShape, also referred to as Body-Jet Lipo or Water Jet Assisted Liposuction (WAL) uses a thin, fan-shaped water jet that is channeled into the fat tissue. As a result, the fat easily loses its structure and is released. The suction cannula removes the fat simultaneously as opposed to traditional liposuction. The infiltration fluid carries an analgesic for pain and a vasoconstrictor to minimize bleeding.
• Click here to READ OUR TESTIMONIALS FROM THE AQUASHAPE PROCEDURE
This results in very effective fat removal without the trauma associated with traditional liposuction. The results are excellent, allowing assessment of contour and fat removal during surgery much easier. The typical distortion associated with tumescent fluid, such as Liposuction procedures, is eliminated. This allows the surgeon and patient to reach the desired results much better.
Other advantages of AquaShape Body Contouring include:
- Minimal damage to surrounding tissue
- Reduced pain, swelling and bruising
- Short recovery
- Less anesthesia needed
- Easily performed while patient is awake
- Shorter operating times
- Smoother results
What is Water-Jet Assisted Liposuction?
Water-jet assisted liposuction is a transformative new approach to liposuction, the first of its kind in the United States. Using the AquaShape device, this revolutionary alternative to traditional liposuction is gentle, fast and effective. Using the flow of water to dislodge fat, this technique is providing many advantages:
- Gentle procedure
- Minimally invasive
- Rapid recovery
- Excellent results
How Does AquaShape Work?
With Aquashape, the physician simultaneously introduces gentle pulses of fluid into the body while dislodging and removing fat through a cannula. In essence, AquaShape is designed to aid in loosening fat using a unique pulsating fluid spray that separates it from other tissue effectively and with minimal trauma. AquaShape also removes fluids from the patient as quickly as the fluids are introduced. Because less fluid is in the patient at any given time; minimal discomfort and a fast and potentially more accurate procedure is possible.
- Infiltration- Slightly pressurized fan-shaped laminar jet anesthetizes tissues.
- Irrigation and aspiration- Cannula gently loosens and removes fat simultaneously while functional tissues are spared.
- Drying- Aspiration of fluid. Aqualipo Result : Undesired fat is gone, functional structures left intact.
How is Body-Jet different from Traditional Tumescent Liposuction?
- AquaShape uses saline fluids to gently dislodge fat
- Brute force is unnecessary
- No lengthy pre-infiltration phase required
- Better anatomical assessment due to efficient fluid management
- Performed under local anesthesia
- Superior cosmetic result
- Performed in less time
- Minimal bruising, swelling and recovery for patient
As Seen on: